Pulling this brunch wedding inspiration together was simple and only took a quick trip to Trader Joe’s and a bit of time in the kitchen. We’re going to spend the next few days breaking down how we created our simple, Spring brunch spread. Where better to start than this fresh, light cocktail?
- 2 ounces rosemary simple syrup (instructions below)
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
- Dry champagne or prosecco
- Sprig of rosemary, to garnish
- Divide the the rosemary syrup and lemon juice between 2 champagne flutes. Stir. Fill the rest of the way with champagne and garnish with a fresh sprig of rosemary.
Rosemary simple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and rosemary. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Boil for one minute, then remove from the heat.
- Allow to infuse for half hour, then strain into a jar, removing the rosemary. Cool completely, then chill before using.